9/7/10

Personal Narrative

I went to my Maine State track meet in Augusta and I was filled with joy.


I got up at 6:00 AM and ready to go to Augusta at 7:00 AM and I felt ecstatic. In the car I talked to my sisters about being happy that I was in track. Finally we got to the track and set up our tent.


The first thing I did when I got to the track meet was my racewalk. I came in 9th or 10th place. After I finished my legs felt like they were wearing away, but it was so much fun.


Next, I did our track meet team lap. My team was champions for two years and we all walked one lap around the track together.


Then, I did my 1500m. I've never done a 1500m in states before. I came in last, it doesn't matter because I'm still a winner and when I finished I was sweaty.


Last was my relay. The first thing we did in our relay was get in our lanes. I was in lane one. I was the last person to run and I ran as fast as I could but we came in 5th.


After I did states I felt like I was a champion.

Update: Panther Track Club became the Maine State Champions for the third year in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment