3/17/11

World War II

The girls have taken quite an interest in WWII. They have read about the dictators of that time frame and have studied the facts of WWII. They seem to like learning about the wars that our country has been involved in, which I can honestly say when I was there age I could have cared less. I have been enjoying learning right along side of them though and expanding my knowledge in History, which I was never keen on. Maybe it's my fascination for History these days that makes it enjoyable and interesting for them?

The one part that they didn't care for much, but understand it was part of life back then, are the concentration camps. They honestly can't see why people were treated the way they were just because they didn't have the same beliefs as the government figures. They are truly learning what dictatorship means.

No comments:

Post a Comment