6/2/11

Electives: Astronomy and Botany

We finished up with our "175 days" but learning doesn't end there for us. The girls each chose an elective to work on for the next month. Katriana is working on her elective she chose which is Botany: The study of plants. She is learning about taxonomy and how species are named. She is especially enjoying the notebook that goes along with her Botany course.





Elesha's elective is Astronomy. She just finished a unit on the planets and sun and is working on preparing a speech about the sun. She has decided to incorporate into her speech a poster and a PowerPoint slide show. I am so proud that she has learned how to make slide shows and is willing to use the technology on a project. I was shocked to find her drawing and coloring pictures for a poster today. She is enjoying Astronomy quite a bit... maybe a telescope is in her future?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like this post!
    I have the Botany book, but not the Astronomy. My kids are all teenagers, but I love these books.
    I plan to collect them all. =)

    ReplyDelete